CELEBRATING CONTEMPORARY FASHION
About In QooQoo we are creating clothing for creative individuals people, who seek individuality in the everyday and don't mind to infuse some irony in their looks.
Production All garments are made with respect to people and the environment. All garments are sewn locally in Riga, Latvia, EU - under the fair working conditions.
Most of the garments are easy to care for - we guarantee that prints will not be washed out easily.
- collection in collaboration with Museum of Decorative Arts Design Designer used art objects from the national golden fund of museum to create prints for collection and to find a new perspective on pieces created a century ago, collection was presented in the museum
- QooQoo collaborated with Coca-Cola Company in 2016, creating upcycled backpacks from the huge all-over building advertising sheets.
- Collections have been made with the support of Maybelline New York cosmetic brand that have featured twice in the opening of Riga Fashion Week
- clothes for advertising characters of Tele2 Latvia
- collaboration in creating a collection inspired by Ghetto Games, collection was opening Riga Fashion Week at the National Library hall, which is widely known as Gaismas Pils
- created beanie hats and t-shirts with special design for LIDO
- A series of garments & socks created for JAMESON "Bez Bailem" capmaign
- Garments for Fuze Tea "Refuze To Choose" campaign
Publications A selection of publications worldwide: Vogue Italy, L'Officiel Latvia, Vogue China, Elle China, Vogue.it, NYLON blog, Stella magazine, Cosmopolitan, Pastaiga, Lilit, Institute Mag, Paulette, BUST magazine, Air Baltic calendar, NJAL blog, Facehunter blog, Shape, Veto magazine, Modernists & others
Awards & Recognitions Latvian National Style & Fashion Award as Best Designer Debut of the year in 2011, Participation in major fashion exhibition in Museum of Applied Arts in Cologne, Germany ( Museum für Angewandte Kunst Köln) in 2015, traveling exhibition "Let's talk about Fashion" opened in Latvian National Library in 2014, traveling exhibition "Designers&Makers" initiated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia in 2014, 1st place at Influential Brand top on Instagram - according to DDB Hub (data on January2014).
Story Creator of the label Alyona Bauska - working as a graphic designer for the major advertising companies. However, along the way, she felt a growing need to express her ideas in a fabric design. The First QooQoo collection was presented at the Riga Fashion Week afterparty in March 2010. Shortly afterward Alyona was awarded as designer of the year in Latvia. A range of unique leggings was created, experimenting with fabric printing techniques. QooQoo leggings have unique signature graphic placement, rarely used in the industry.